What to do re: Judgments

Jena29

I have 2 judgments on my report, for larger amounts. I filed BK a year ago, but it was too late, the Judgments are there and not dischargeable of course.

My question is, I have worked very hard on my credit in the last year, and seen great improvements. The worst thing, are these judgments.

I am not sure if I should work to pay them off, and how I go about doing that...(one is medical bill, other is CC I rec'd when I was 18 and had no business with a CC). It will take me a while to pay them off, or save the money to do so. Is it better to just forget about them, and hope they are not renewed? I have heard that is a long shot, as most do renew.

Also, it is kind of embarrassing as it is on my public record as well- anything to do about that?

Any advice is appreciated!

J

A judgment is a debt and is just as dischargeable in bankruptcy as the same debt prior to judgment. Why did your lawyer tell you that the judgments couldn't be listed in your bankruptcy? I hope you asked. I'm curious to know the circumstances. Did the creditor claim fraud before the judgement was granted? Was it a chapter7 bankruptcy?

You go back to the BK court and get the judgments added to the BK. Further, if the underlying DEBT the judgment was based on was discharged, and the court action obtaining the judgment occured POST your announcing the filing of BK, then they were violations of the automatic 180day federal stay on all collection activities and the BK Judge will seriously FK UP the creditor's lawyers involved. $$$ sanctions for such conduct.

Federal BK judges do NOT fk around, so use your RIGHTS and go back and petition the BK court over these matters. Talk to the BK trustee on your case.

Then sue your lawyer for malpractice.