DV letter- feedback pls? and what if I don't know entire acct. #'s?

Ok I'm completely new at this. Situation- just pulled my credit report and while I do know that I did refuse to pay some bills 3 years ago (sigh- the validity of these bills are questionable and in my 23 year old mind at the time I was stickin it to them by not paying and ignoring it--whooops.) I do not know which parts of my credit report refer to which bills. So I'm sending this to the various ca's listed on my report. Pls. let me know what you think,it's kind of a conglomerate of two sample dv's listed on this site.

Oh and my credit report did not list the entire account number. What do I do about that?

Impact Financial Services

46-001 Kamehameha Hwy. #308

Kaneohe Hi 96744

12-22-06

Re: Accts XXXX (I'm sorry I couldn't locate the entire account #) and XXXX

To Whom it May Concern:

I just pulled a copy of my credit report and noticed that your agency is reporting that I owe you two debts. I was not aware of these debts until now, and under my rights under the FDCPA, I request that you validate this debt. This is neither a refusal to pay, nor a promise to pay. Please send a copy of all of the documents that you have pertaining to this debt, such as:

• What the money you say I owe is for,

• Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe,

• Identify the original creditor,

• Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay you or the original creditor what you say I owe, including an original contract, statements, etc.

Sincerely,

Cami Kay Adair

I like that the letter is short and to the point. Why do people send rambling DV letters quoting clauses of the FDCPA and including info that the person receiving the letter cares nothing about? Can't A DV letter be as simple as one sentence asking for validation of the debt the CA claims is owed? The consumer/alleged debtor doesn't have to tell the CA what constitiutes validation. The CA knows what is required to validate. Feigning lack of sophistication but still following the required steps to protect your rights can work in the alleged debtors favor when dealing with debt collectors, yes? They get sloppy when they think the alleged debtor is an easy target. They trip up, you slam 'em.

I like that the letter is short and to the point. Why do people send rambling DV letters quoting clauses of the FDCPA and including info that the person receiving the letter cares nothing about? Can't A DV letter be as simple as one sentence asking for validation of the debt the CA claims is owed? The consumer/alleged debtor doesn't have to tell the CA what constitiutes validation. The CA knows what is required to validate. Feigning lack of sophistication but still following the required steps to protect your rights can work in the alleged debtors favor when dealing with debt collectors, yes? They get sloppy when they think the alleged debtor is an easy target. They trip up, you slam 'em.

With all due respect, I disagree! IMHO, You should always add demands to your Validation/Proof of Claim request. I agree you should not have to quote the FDCPA etc, but you can kindly point out that they are nothing but a 3rd Party with no 1st hand knowledge of the unsubstantiated disputed debt. In other words they are nothing but Interveners into something that is purely none of their business.