griffiscustoms

Need Computer - tiger direct 4 pay?

Anyone know anything about 4 pay by TigerDirect.com? Says they let you pay in 4 credit card installments, but it SAYS they process for the FULL AMOUNT initially and it's then cancled I guess and charged in 4 installments...

and they SAY it has to be a DEBIT card.....how would they know if it's debit or credit?

Only card I have has $200 limit.....computers I've looked at are around $600..(approx $175 payments x4)......Anyone tried using a debit on this? Anyone try using a card with less than the full amount of available credit?

Or does anyone know of a place that'll finance computers with bad credit? ones that don't charge out the butt for it

Thanks

If they're not something to finance, why would you tell me to wait till I have good credit...

and I need a computer IMMEDIATELY, waiting til I have good credit, if that ever happens, is not an option

neither is paying in cash....have wife, kid on the way and other bills, payments are all I can afford.

I do a lot of my work on a computer, and the one I'm using is over 7 years old, it's WAY outdated, and I cannot get things done that I need to get done.

There's places that offer jewelry with easy financing, and just about anything else you can image, why not computers?

Anyone know anything about 4 pay by TigerDirect.com? Says they let you pay in 4 credit card installments, but it SAYS they process for the FULL AMOUNT initially and it's then cancled I guess and charged in 4 installments...and they SAY it has to be a DEBIT card.....how would they know if it's debit or credit?

They have a good database.

Catch is, your card would have to be authorized for the full amount, which might make it unusable for 10 business days (or whatever your bank's policy happened to be).

You may not want to hear this, but if all you can afford are payments on a computer, you can't afford a computer. It's not a big ticket item like a car or house. You can get a cheap usable computer from Sam's Club or Best Buy for $400 incl. a monitor. I bet they are running all kinds of fire sales after Christmas now.

Gateway has deal with a sub-prime financing company. If you apply for their credit card online and get turned down, you will then be asked if you want their "partner" to contact you regarding financing. The partner will only finance certain systems and I believe they require a down payment, plus a couple of weekly payments before they will actually ship the system.

Try Dell you would be surprised...I have seen where they give people credit with high 500 scores....If your desperate try Blue Hippo they don't even do a credit check. Ihatecas made a good point though. I just purchased a top of the line gateway that was on clearance at Bestbuy. This thing is loaded with a media center. I just asked the guy to package the best deal he could for me. This is easily a $1,000 computer butits last years model and I pai $400 with a 19" flat wide screen. They were selling full Compaqs for $300. Just save until you can fix your credit or give Dell a shot...Good Luck !!!!!

I agree with giving Dell a shot. I was just getting started on credit repair and decided to give them a try, and I got a 1500 approval. Of course, I could've maxed it out right away, but I got smart and bought a no frills laptop on sale for $500 (searched online coupons for more discounts, wound up getting free printer, free shipping and 10% off as a college student - haven't been in college in over 20 years) - and I've been paying 100 per month. I've heard some bad things about Dell, but this laptop has been going strong for a while now.

I'm happy with my Dell laptop so far. Financing it was easy, though it can be expensive. I'd suggest paying if off immediately. Any financing you do end up paying, just consider it paying for the credit repair (extra points) since it's going to be a positive tradeline.

I can afford to buy a computer, I just have a lot going on and I'd rather make payments than plop a lump sum on one...I need something powerful because I use computers for work, I paint vehicles and offer custom paint and graphics, I need the computer to show my customers what I can do for them, that's why I'm not going out and plopping $300-$500 for a walmart computer because I need something decent.

And as a bonus... I could use the good payment history on my credit report.......

I should have clarified this, that I need a powerhouse pc, not a clearance walmart special, I already have one.... AND I PAID CASH FOR IT... for peoples references to me not being able to afford a computer......

it doesn't do what I need it to....I run $1000 software suites such as Photoshop and several automotive industry software (ADP claims, Dupont, PPG & House of Kolor mixing programs) etsc....that demand more than what I can get for a few hundred bucks..

Any way

Paradigm Acceptance approved me....they keep calling NON STOP ...This is no lie, I had 6...count them....6......IDENTICAL messages on the machine this evening.....and an email....anyone know what this "program" is like before I call them?

Yeah I know, that's really not a good sign. They're acting like a horny 15 year old LOL....Not a real good way to get someone to buy from ya...

From what I've gathered they offer you about a $500 laptop for total payments of $2400 or something like that.....that's rediculous.....Think I'll just buy some things individually and build a computer that's up to the standards I'm looking for.....doubt I'd be any better off with that $500 peice of crap than with what I have now..would be nice to have the mobility of a laptop, so I can take my designs with me....

Thanks everyone

I tried finding system specs for that House of Kolor program, but they didn't list any. Other than Adobe Photoshop (depending on how you use it), I can't definitely say you need a top of the line souped up PC. Extra RAM and a good video card is probably all you need.

Other than Adobe Photoshop (depending on how you use it), I can't definitely say you need a top of the line souped up PC. Extra RAM and a good video card is probably all you need.

Photoshop likes a lot of RAM (2G should do) and it sure runs faster on a 2+ GHz machine than on a 1.5. :)

I can afford to buy a computer, I just have a lot going on and I'd rather make payments than plop a lump sum on one...I need something powerful because I use computers for work, I paint vehicles and offer custom paint and graphics, I need the computer to show my customers what I can do for them, that's why I'm not going out and plopping $300-$500 for a walmart computer because I need something decent.

And as a bonus... I could use the good payment history on my credit report.......

I should have clarified this, that I need a powerhouse pc, not a clearance walmart special, I already have one.... AND I PAID CASH FOR IT... for peoples references to me not being able to afford a computer......

it doesn't do what I need it to....I run $1000 software suites such as Photoshop and several automotive industry software (ADP claims, Dupont, PPG & House of Kolor mixing programs) etsc....that demand more than what I can get for a few hundred bucks..

Any way

Paradigm Acceptance approved me....they keep calling NON STOP ...This is no lie, I had 6...count them....6......IDENTICAL messages on the machine this evening.....and an email....anyone know what this "program" is like before I call them?

Um...a "Walmart" computer? I wasn't aware Walmart manufactured computers. LOL. Well, either way-I got my step son an e-machine and at the time (about 2 yrs back or less) consumer reports rated it "one of the best systems around." It was only like 600.00 I think. Guess where I got it? Circuit City. Do some checking around. Consider waiting for your tax return or pulling aside funds with each paycheck.

It sounds like you simply need a system with appropriate memory amounts to support what you're doing. That doesn't necessarily mean "powerhouse." Make sure you explain to the saleman what you need, what you DO NOT need. Also, just make sure the thing is upgradeable. If it is, you can always add more memory later.

In the end you have to do what's best for you. But I would tend to agree on financing a computer.

Elyse

Why does every post on this forum get COMPLETELY off subject?

No offense, but I dont need to be lectured on computers....I've built them, designed websites for companies (some fairly respecitible ones) under my own company for 4 years, I've sat at one most of the day for the past 8-9 years....I use them in everything I do for my business I run now.....me-n-pc's...we're acquainted....

I just wanted to know where to finance one...not get lectured on what I need....

maybe I want to do more than run photoshop, or maybe I want to do more than get on this board to be harrassed and lectured....

I have a cheap a$$ "walmart" computer ...meaning it CAME FROM WALMART not that it WAS MANUFACTURED THERE....which is where everyone kept telling me to go...read the whole thread before you reply to one thing said in a thread............

The people who START these threads should have permission to delete them and any replies to them

PLEASE just answer the specific question or dont say nothing at all....thank you

:!:

grifficustoms,

I think your post is extremely rude !! We have all tried to help you I personaly told you where to apply for credit on a computer. If you know so much about computers then you should know where to finance one. I have read every post before I posted this one and I think you owe everyone an apology. I have been on this forum for a while and we all help each other and from time to time we might get a little bit off the subject but leave it up to LNY (the moderator) to close posts and threads. As a matter of fact I wish she would lock this thread...You have received several suggestions and what it sounds like is that you can't afford a computer right now to pay it in full. So try the suggestions we have all given you and calm down.No one harrased you they just gave you good advice and tried to help you. I was looking at purchasing a sports car and i have good credit but the people on this forum literaly talked me out of it because my utilization is too high right now. I thank them for that because i was going to make a big mistake....Now I will wait and when the time is right I'll get that sports car...Its advice not a lecture and if you don't want it then don't post.......

I'm not apologizing to anyone, everyone here has been just as rude, telling me what I can afford and what I cant....do you all know ANYTHING ABOUT ME?......for example.....

grifficustoms,

You have received several suggestions and what it sounds like is that you can't afford a computer right now to pay it in full.

See, this is what I'm talking about..Do you know my income? Have you looked at my financial statement? Do you know what's in my checking, savings and money market accounts? Do you know what investments I have? Do you know my credit cards and the utilizations on them?

NO...

I did not ASK if I could AFFORD a computer...

I ASKED IF ANYONE HAS USED TIGER DIRECT 4 PAY OR THERE WAS ANOTHER SITE LIKE THAT OUT THERE THAT WILL FINANCE A COMPUTER IN SUCH A MATTER.....

The only suggestions I've had were to go to walmart and buy a $300-500 computer....

Of which, if you have read the thread, you would have seen that I clarified that I need a powerful computer, maybe not a top of the line, but certianly more than what I can get for a few hundred bucks. The one I was looking at on Tiger Direct came without a monitor....I already have a good monitor, therefore, gave me more computing power for my money as apposed to buying a cheaper computer that came with a peice of crap monitor....

ONCE AGAIN.....please, answer my first, specific question....does anyone have experince with Tiger Direct 4 pay, or are there any similar places?

Thats all I want to know...not your opinion on what i can afford...not any other subject matter...just a specific answer, to a specific question.....thank you....

I also said I got denied at dell if you can read

Ya ever think a person might just WANT to pay in installments instead of all at once? Hmm nah, they just cant afford it....thats why tiger direct charges the full amount first but then canceles that and charges ya 4 times....its for people who cant afford it.....and dell offers financing....for people who cant afford it...and gateway....and alienware.....and any other major manufacturer out there...its there because WE CANT AFFORD IT.....how lovely of them...what the hell was I thinking....wanting to pay in installments ..HA HA that's for people who cant AFFORD IT......

-back to reality here-

Lets just forget about the where can ya finance a pc, and answer my main question...

TIGER DIRECT 4 PAY EXPERIENCE ANYONE?

such as original question

I cant afford a computer...hmmm interesting...You must be having some type of hippidy dipppidy experience because HOW THE HELL AM I TALKING TO YOU

For those of you who didn't get that..

have one, PAID FOR IT (need another one....that doesn't suck like this one (maintly for work purposes) ....dont WANT TO pay all at once) ...

88-)88-)88-) What planet am I on? 88-)88-)88-)