Hello and HELP?

bluemoonchild

Hello everyone! My name is Emilie, and I'm just starting out on this whole credit repair journey. It started the other day when I pulled my credit reports and realized that my mother's (now past-due) credit card was being reported under my name.

I knew this was because she'd gotten me a card under her name when I was younger. I disputed the listing: TransUnion removed the listing already (YAY!) and Equifax says they'll have an answer by 2/2/07.

I have 4 letters drafted to have inquiries removed, and I plan to mail them in the next couple of days.

Here's my questions:

1) I show that some of my past due accounts have been "sold" to collections agencies. How do I find out which ones own them if they're not on my credit report?

2) Is there anything that can be done about medical and utility bills?

and 3) Each credit bureau has a different address for me. How do I get them all on the same page?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go through this. It all seems a little overwhelming. I'm, unfortunately, not in the position to start any settlement yet, though I hope to be by summer. So, right now, I want to focus on cleaning up my report as much as possible. I got a Vantage score from Equifax and TransUnion. They varied slightly -- Equifax was 535 and TransUnion was a 538 (out of 501! I suck so badly!).

Shoot. I'm gonna be 30 next month. I'd like to be able to buy a house -- on my own, without a co-signer -- in 2009. Someone, please give me hope that this is possible!

Any help and advice would be appreciated :)

~Emilie

Hello everyone! My name is Emilie, and I'm just starting out on this whole credit repair journey. It started the other day when I pulled my credit reports and realized that my mother's (now past-due) credit card was being reported under my name.

I knew this was because she'd gotten me a card under her name when I was younger. I disputed the listing: TransUnion removed the listing already (YAY!) and Equifax says they'll have an answer by 2/2/07.

I have 4 letters drafted to have inquiries removed, and I plan to mail them in the next couple of days.

Here's my questions:

1) I show that some of my past due accounts have been "sold" to collections agencies. How do I find out which ones own them if they're not on my credit report?

2) Is there anything that can be done about medical and utility bills?

and 3) Each credit bureau has a different address for me. How do I get them all on the same page?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go through this. It all seems a little overwhelming. I'm, unfortunately, not in the position to start any settlement yet, though I hope to be by summer. So, right now, I want to focus on cleaning up my report as much as possible. I got a Vantage score from Equifax and TransUnion. They varied slightly -- Equifax was 535 and TransUnion was a 538 (out of 501! I suck so badly!).

Shoot. I'm gonna be 30 next month. I'd like to be able to buy a house -- on my own, without a co-signer -- in 2009. Someone, please give me hope that this is possible!

Any help and advice would be appreciated :)

~Emilie

1) You can dispute them asking for the debt to be validated.

2) You need to be more specific on your question on medical and utility bills.

3) If you requested your three free annual credit reports, they should have your current address as you would have needed to put in this information? If you wish, you can contact them disputing your address and get it corrected.

:)%

1) You can dispute them asking for the debt to be validated.

2) You need to be more specific on your question on medical and utility bills.

3) If you requested your three free annual credit reports, they should have your current address as you would have needed to put in this information? If you wish, you can contact them disputing your address and get it corrected.

:)%

I had a deuce of a time getting my credit reports because each bureau has a different address. I've moved several times in the past few years, and it took me forever to figure out which addresses were used. Two of them are at least 6 years old.

I guess I'll have to call them to get that changed! Thanks :)

I guess my question about medical and utility bills was whether or not they followed the same criteria as credit cards and loans.

~Emilie

Emile,

I'm New To This Whole Credit Repair Thing Too, I Started On My Birthday This Year(10-03) And As Of Dec 15th, All Of My Negative Listings Have Been Removed Except 3 (i Started With 12) So In The 2 Months I've Worked On This I Have Really Done Something!!!! I Have Also Been Working On My Husbands Cr, He Has 3 Left From The 9 He Started With. It Takes Time And Lots Of Effort On Your Part, But It Really Works! I Will Continue To Work On The 3 Baddies I Have Left(but They Fall Off In May 2007 If Nothing Else) Keep At It, Read This Site, Ask Questions. You Can Do It!!!!!

Emile,

I'm New To This Whole Credit Repair Thing Too, I Started On My Birthday This Year(10-03) And As Of Dec 15th, All Of My Negative Listings Have Been Removed Except 3 (i Started With 12) So In The 2 Months I've Worked On This I Have Really Done Something!!!! I Have Also Been Working On My Husbands Cr, He Has 3 Left From The 9 He Started With. It Takes Time And Lots Of Effort On Your Part, But It Really Works! I Will Continue To Work On The 3 Baddies I Have Left(but They Fall Off In May 2007 If Nothing Else) Keep At It, Read This Site, Ask Questions. You Can Do It!!!!!

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I am already seeing results. I got a listing taken off because it belonged to my mom, and another one deleted because I disputed it saying the CA promised to not have it reflect negatively. So, that's something. I'm down from 8 neg. to 6. My goal is to buy a house in 2009, flip it and pay off my student loans with the profit. I really think I can do this!

Quick question for you: Does your credit score go up every time something is deleted? I looked for the answer and I couldn't find it...

Good luck to you, and congratulations on the success!