How is this for a PFD letter?

forgop

Would you use this? Anything else I should add?

Unique National Collections

119 E Maple Street

Jeffersonville, IN 47130

Re: Account No. XXXXXXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing a letter about my collection account reported to all three credit bureaus in the amount of $50.00 for Indianapolis Marion County Public Library.

I received your collection notice and was surprised to find this account in collection because I never received any notification from the library of any outstanding balance due on my account. I moved in December 2002 and in the process of moving, the books were packed in boxes for quite some time before I realized they were still in my possession. Once I found the books, they were immediately returned.

After my move, I never had any trouble receiving mail forwarded by the USPS, but the IMPCL claims notices were sent to my previous address. Had I known about the fees, I would have made arrangements to pay them before going to collection. The amount of the fee certainly isn’t worth having a negative trade line on my credit report.

I would like to request a pay for delete compromise to remove this collection record from my credit reports. If there’s any additional information you need, please let me know.

Very hopefully yours,

Better off just sending a simple dispute. If you really want to PFD, you'll need to get on the phone with someone who can authorize such things. A mail drone can't.

You can't dispute it after a year, can you? Besides, I know they'll be able to verify as the original amount was for like $250 and called the library and negotiated it down to $50. This is reflected on the CR from the initial amount to the amount due.