Please Help

omega 3

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this board, it is very helpful. I would like to try to clean my Credit up, It is HORRIBLE! I have been afraid of dealing with it for the last 10 years, now I am ready to work on having at least a decent credit score.

Everyone recommends starting at Credit Reports, I am really clueless here. Do I contact each agency individually for my report or purchase a package report.

What is the next baby step that I should take?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

You are entitled to one free copy of your credit report from each of the big-3 every 12 months. You can get them from www.annualcreditreport.com.

Until you know what is on your reports, there is no real way to get a handle on it, so start there.

One word about the free reports: If you have any kind of block on your reports from a fraud claim or IDTheft alert, you will not be able to get them on-line until the block is removed. TransUnion is notorious for preventing access to reports with alerts on them and then counting your request for the year as fulfilled anyways.