What if CA thats collecting on you is gone ?

tmac01

Okay I posted about a Dental bill that a small time collection agency from my hometown was trying to collec on me. I decided to DV them so I looked up there information and even called them,I *67 them and all of a sudden I heard " the number you are dialing is no onger in service. Well this is the number that EX and TU have given me to contact them. I then go to the yellow pages of my hometown and I can't even find them or the address that EX and TU list on my CR as the contact info for this CA. I don't even have the correct info to DV them from the CRA's ....any guidance is appreciated....:)

Thats what I thought...Should I mention in the letter that I called and even wrote the CA and they no longer exist so you cannot verify this account ? Also, should I let them know that I used their contact info which shows that this CA is no longer in business and this is not even my account or should I leave the dispute very simple " this is not my account so please remove it.." Man that takes me back two years...:mrgreen:

Thats what I thought...Should I mention in the letter that I called and even wrote the CA and they no longer exist so you cannot verify this account ? Also, should I let them know that I used their contact info which shows that this CA is no longer in business and this is not even my account or should I leave the dispute very simple " this is not my account so please remove it.." Man that takes me back two years...:mrgreen:

there is such a thing as Too Much Information. I would simply ask for a verification. Don't prompt the CRA to seek out the CA.

Well drewbert,

they are still there just a different name, address, and phone number. I * 67 them again and found the company. They had me on file and said 'You need to pay." they wouldn't do a pay to delete !! I guess I am going to have to send that goodwill letter to my dentist...DAMN !!!!! Thanks anyway....:)