Signed up with Lawgistix LLC and still fighting with creditors

AndiLou21

Ok, so here is my long story. Back in June I realized I was in over my head with credit cards and became desperate as I am learning many people do. Instead of figuring out how to stay on track on my own I did an internet search and found Lawgistix LLC. In speaking with a rep I learned that they would settle all of my accounts and then with lawyer representation once the program was done...clean up my creit report.

There have been some rough patches with Lawgistix as far as them getting back to me immediately but all in all I am not displeased with them...especially if they do what they are saying. My worries arise in that I am having problems with GE/Meijer, Dell Financial and Citibank (which I understand everyone has difficulties with). Dell is threatening to take my computer away and take me to court for the rest of the balance. GE/Meijer will not work with my settlement company unless they pay a settlement in full which my settlement company does not have enough from me as of yet and well Citibank is Citibank and I guess I should probably be talking to them but all of these people are so intimidating.

I guess what I am asking for is advice all around. I am with this settlement company and I am going to stick it out knowing that the charge off's are going to happen. Can a lawyer/company clean up my credit report after all of these charge off's have been made like they promised??? Why is Dell Financial hounding me so bad about $1100 when I am sure they have higher balances to worry about?? And what should I do about Citibank????

Completely confused and frustrated,

Andrea:confused:

...lawyer representation once the program was done...
Can you say, cha-ching?
I guess what I am asking for is advice all around. I am with this settlement company and I am going to stick it out knowing that the charge off's are going to happen. Can a lawyer/company clean up my credit report after all of these charge off's have been made like they promised???
You've kinda bumped your head on one of the "oh, we forgot to mention" secrets of the "debt fixers". None of them have special deals with all creditors. If your pile of debts happens to be with OC's that they're collecting for, then they can cut you a deal. Any debts outside their contractual arrangements are neglected...and you get screwed, because you think they're handling all of them.
Why is Dell Financial hounding me so bad about $1100 when I am sure they have higher balances to worry about?? And what should I do about Citibank????
Dell works with one of the "sub-prime" lenders. Those folks are set up to treat everyone as a dead beat. They get paid to be aggressive.

As for Citiblank, if you're happy using the debt-fixers, find another one whose is contracted to Citiblank. Otherwise, cancel your deal with the debt-fixer and do it all yourself.

Get out NOW. I was with a DS Co. and had a summons, judgement and trashed my credit. I am left high and dry over my head because of them. This all happened in a 5 month period.

You are wasting your time and money with them. I am learning just as you are. However, I am learning more from this forum then any other place. You can do it on your own without paying someone to do it for you. Plus, are they really doing what they say they are? And, can that lawyer really fix your credit? Do you have prove they are legit? Those are questions you really need to ask.

Those questions I asked too late. I was never late on anything, it was debt to ratio that was hurting us. The DS Co. made it sound so perfect. Now I am left with all my creditors unpaid with late fees and overlimit charges that I can't get caught up on.

You really need to think about your situation and the money you are throwing away to them, when you could be taking that money to pay off a bill.

Good Luck,:evil:

Worried

Ok, so here is my long story. Back in June I realized I was in over my head with credit cards and became desperate as I am learning many people do. Instead of figuring out how to stay on track on my own I did an internet search and found Lawgistix LLC. In speaking with a rep I learned that they would settle all of my accounts and then with lawyer representation once the program was done...clean up my creit report.

There have been some rough patches with Lawgistix as far as them getting back to me immediately but all in all I am not displeased with them...especially if they do what they are saying. My worries arise in that I am having problems with GE/Meijer, Dell Financial and Citibank (which I understand everyone has difficulties with). Dell is threatening to take my computer away and take me to court for the rest of the balance. GE/Meijer will not work with my settlement company unless they pay a settlement in full which my settlement company does not have enough from me as of yet and well Citibank is Citibank and I guess I should probably be talking to them but all of these people are so intimidating.

I guess what I am asking for is advice all around. I am with this settlement company and I am going to stick it out knowing that the charge off's are going to happen. Can a lawyer/company clean up my credit report after all of these charge off's have been made like they promised??? Why is Dell Financial hounding me so bad about $1100 when I am sure they have higher balances to worry about?? And what should I do about Citibank????

You are better off working with the creditors yourself.. Debt Settlement or Debt Reduction Companies do nothing for your. .Most major Credit Card Companies will not work with them.. Debt Settlement will hurt your credit more than help..

I appreciate all of the advice from you guys but how exactly do I go about getting out of working with the debt settlement company at the point I am at??? And all of these creditors that I am actually talking with will not settle for anything that I can even begin to afford!!! They want an obscene amount of money in a matter of three months and I do not have that!!! I am confused and scared and do not know what to do!!! I am also about to have a baby in three weeks!!!

So, here is the basic question...I am with a debt settlement company already...my credit is already shot and I cannot afford what the companies want to settle for at this point in time. Where do I go from here?? I do I get away from the company?? How do I get settlements I can afford??? I am very stuck here!!:cry:

Andrea

First...take care of yourself and the kid, there. All this stuff is not nearly as important as having a healthy baby. Get a plan...and, start working it, but don't let it consume you...

Start with calling the debt settlement company and tell them you quit. If you given them any money, tell them you want it back. (I'm not 100% certain, but, I think its illegal for them to take money before actually settling anything).

Next, read...

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257807

...its an excellent starter for doing this yourself. I'd suggest you read it...put together the numbers that you need to know where you're really at...then put it all aside until after the baby is born. Another month or so isn't goin't to fix it...so like I said, have a healthy baby first...

"...All this stuff is not nearly as important as having a healthy baby..."

Amen. It's SOOOO important to keep yourself stress-free now and after the baby is born. You've got financial troubles? So do the majority of Americans, especially new parents. Put this in it's proper perspective and develope a plan. Life is definitely easier with pristine credit and a high score, but it's just as livable with crappy credit. You are hereby ordered to relax and think only positive thoughts! Good luck on the birth of your child.

I appreciate all of the baby support from everyone and I know that I should just set everything aside until the baby gets here but it is hard when they are calling me even after knowing that I am going through a debt settlement company and then the weight of getting out of the DS company. I am confused as to what exactly to do. What is best for me??? I wish someone else could do all of this for me!!!!

Thanks,

Andrea

Do everything possible to get out of working with a debt settlement Company.. They do nothing but destroy your credit.. There are a lot of Credit Card Companies that will not work with Debt Settlement Or Debt Reduction Companies..You are wasting your hard earned money by paying them monthly payments..