Any suggestions on how to pay collectors, other than with money orders over 12 years?

confuseddebtor

Originally I planned to make monthly payments using money orders. But I recently found out, that verification of payment would only be available up to 2 years with Money Orders. That means if years down the road I need proof, I would not be able to obtain it. Using a checking account is out of the question. So does anyone have any ideas? I'm sure I'll pay off the debt before 12 years, but ya never know. Thanks

Welcome to the wonderful and slimy world of debt collection. You mentioned recently in another thread that you qualify for permanent disability. Your only hope is a miracle based on your comments.

I restate my belief that you should file BK7 instead of sending $50 money orders for 12 years that you can't prove were accepted as payment 2 years later.

But that's just me, we're all naive to this process at some point.

Welcome to the wonderful and slimy world of debt collection. You mentioned recently in another thread that you qualify for permanent disability. Your only hope is a miracle based on your comments.

I restate my belief that you should file BK7 instead of sending $50 money orders for 12 years that you can't prove were accepted as payment 2 years later.

But that's just me, we're all naive to this process at some point.

Well, it would take a book to explain what I've been through in my life, but the public board is not the place for that. I'm open to private messages. In response to your comment, yes I do believe in miracles because I've experienced them in matters much more important than a $7300 dollar debt. I could tell you some stories concerning inaccurate opinions by doctors, in regards to expected improvement, and you'd be surprised how many people have been given a few months to live, or told they're permanently disabled, who are still walking around 15-20 years later talking about it, and working. I personally know a few.

I do my part by asking questions, to understand human perspective on matters such as debt, health, ect. However, I make final decisions from a completely different perspective and higher authority. I've been given 12 years to pay off the debt, but I expect to do so before then, and I expect to return to work.

If that doesn't happen, the bankruptcy option will always be there.

It's true, by human standards I may seem "naive", maybe even foolish, and though I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, and other fairy tales that are often compared to Belief in God, I have seen the power of prayer and faith in action. So it's ok if others don't quite "get it". What may seem impossible for man, is not impossible with God(Luke 18:27).

Anyhow, I'm rambling, so let me wrap this up. I've prayed on the matter, ran the agreement by a probono lawyer, and considered all comments here on the board. Conclusion: I will not file bankruptcy, and have made a firm, confident, and final decision, to send in monthly payments.

If everything goes as planned, this debt will disappear from my credit report in 2 years, as it no longer belongs to the original creditor(verified), and the reporting period will end at that time. I'll avoid a judgment for much higher, as this could have been taken to court, since there are six years left on the SOL of the written contract, and I will have avoided filing bankruptcy on my total debt which is under $20,000(including other debt). Most importantly the interest has been waived, and the agreement letter signed by an authorized manager, states that a 1099 form will not be submitted. I'm only paying on the principle balance. Again, if it doesn't work out...the bankruptcy option is always there! It's not going anywhere. :)

NOTE: I'm done with credit. If I can't save for it, put it in layaway, or pay cash upfront. I don't need it. So I'm making some effort to pay at least the principle, because I made use of the funds, and feel a responsiblity. If it takes a couple of years for the report to look decent, versus 10 years after filing bankruptcy, that's fine. No rush, as I won't be applying for credit anytime soon.

I can't think of anything else left to say on the matter, but others are free to express their thoughts at anytime. I expect them, and that's ok. In the meantime, I'll save this thread to my favorites folder, and promise to return with an update in a year or two just in case anyone might be interested.

Thank you to everyone for offering advice, suggestions, and opinions. A special thanks to those who have sent private prayers, encouragment, and support. I've appreciated tham all, and I'm wishing smooth transitions, and successful financial decisions to everyone. Oh well, it's time to find a message board on fitness and workout tips. Any suggestions? I've got some health building to do, and pounds to lose. That's it for me!! Happy New Year to all!! xangelx

BlueEyes ...I think you've got a good system there. If some lowlife CA tries to play games with your account, at least that's all they'll get. I suspect that confuseddebtor might have some other issues.

thanks! that is why I do it.... you want to play games you are going to get nothing... all my stuff is out of SOL but I have worked out payment plans and not missed any.. but you never know with these people.. which is why I want a record of the payment made but not on my primary accounts

Can we say receipts? When I have purchased MOs in the past, there is either a duplicate or a reciept tab on the side of the MO... create a file and keep these.

This is so true I don't pay no one from my account. It is only paid by money order and I have all of my MO receipts 8-). I have never thought about setting up a separate account with a different bank to do just bill payments. I think that I am going to do that. :)++