Hello to all and question about inquiries!

merekelly

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and thanks for all your posts. I love this site and have started the DV process as well as sending out letters for my inquiries. So far I have recieved one letter from a CA deleting the inquiry and another from a bank and they state in their letter that if I have any disputes, that I should contact TU. Kind of stumped at this point. I was just so excited that the CA sent in the letter that I assumed everyone else would too. LOL:confused: So now that I have a letter saying nothing basically about why they pulled a hard inquiry, what do I do? Do I send them another letter and what should I say in it? I know on the disputing inquiries section, it only listed one letter and didn't really say what to do if they send you a letter saying, send your dispute over to the CRA's. Thanks in advance for your help.

Go Bears!

and another from a bank and they state in their letter that if I have any disputes, that I should contact TU.

No no no. Under the, now 3 year old, changes to the FCRA, the furnisher must now investigate and correct disputes if directly contacted by the consumer, they are no longer allowed to push you off to the bureau.

If they sent that to you in a letter, they are just stupid. It's a violation of law for them to refuse to investigate a dispute and you can sue them for $1000 plus costs and attorney fees for each time they refuse.

That aside, read the sticky at the top of the forum about removing inquiries.

True in cases of negligence. But willful misconduct under the law can still be pursued. Refusal to do what is required under the law is willful by definition. There is nothing to prevent a consumer from filing a defamation claim and using the FACT Act provisions as prima facie evidence that they are willfully defaming the consumer. :-)

There's no private right of action about MOST of the FACT Act additions, though.