Will my deletions be enough....

tryn2rson

First off, may I say this site is awesome! I thought I would just brouse for a minute and that was 4 hours ago..

My question: I pulled my report, I have a plan, but I do have 3 credit cards showing "amount in high credit " I guess meaning they are almost maxed. What is the percentage I need to get this down to to get this removed and exactly how bad is that part hurting me... I have not gotten a plan for that yet.

Best

LeANN

Guest BadAccountant

First off welcome to the forum...it seems like just yesterday that I started lurking, at first thinking this will be another dead end site. I love this place.

Now to your question...

I am not an expert, but I have read that you want to get your utilization (the amount you have charged on the card vs. the limit) to about 30% or lower. I think that the 30% is over all credit cards (cc) so 10 cards with 200 limit would need to have no more than 600 between all of them to be at the 30% utilization mark. (200*10=2000*.30=600). if that is not possible I believe there are other tiers of utilization, but honestly I don't know what they are.

Hope this helps.

First off welcome to the forum...it seems like just yesterday that I started lurking, at first thinking this will be another dead end site. I love this place.

Now to your question...

I am not an expert, but I have read that you want to get your utilization (the amount you have charged on the card vs. the limit) to about 30% or lower. I think that the 30% is over all credit cards (cc) so 10 cards with 200 limit would need to have no more than 600 between all of them to be at the 30% utilization mark. (200*10=2000*.30=600). if that is not possible I believe there are other tiers of utilization, but honestly I don't know what they are.

Hope this helps.

As I understand it, you actually get scores on your utilization on each card plus total, not just total. So if you have 10 $200 cards, it would be most idea that none are higher than XX% utilized.