Mail from NCO you want to read

CarolinaBlueEyes

Finally a letter from a creditor that you WANT to read..

NCO After nearly a year of fighting them.. trying to get them to validate and keeping them from trying to sue on this debt which is out of SOL... (it was dropped when they got a nasty letter from my laywer for a counter suit on an out of date SOL> ) and my last hurrah.. I filed a complaint with the PA.. AG.. NCO was spanked hard by them in the last year or so.. today I got this little gem in the mail (my comments in red)... doesnt mean they wont sell it to another JDB but its GONE from my CR

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for your inquiry (there was no inquiry) regarding the above referenced account. Please be advised that the above refernced account is closed in our office.

In addition please be advised we have contacted the credit bureaus with which we do business with OUR (I love that part) request to delete our listing of the above referenced account from your credit profile. Please be advised that NCO financial systems cannont affect a change on how any other company may have listed the above account on your credit profile. We appreciate teh opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

Geez its amazing what a letter from an AG will do... that seems to be the only thing that woke them up...

Finally a letter from a creditor that you WANT to read..

NCO After nearly a year of fighting them.. trying to get them to validate and keeping them from trying to sue on this debt which is out of SOL... (it was dropped when they got a nasty letter from my laywer for a counter suit on an out of date SOL> ) and my last hurrah.. I filed a complaint with the PA.. AG.. NCO was spanked hard by them in the last year or so.. today I got this little gem in the mail (my comments in red)... doesnt mean they wont sell it to another JDB but its GONE from my CR

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for your inquiry (there was no inquiry) regarding the above referenced account. Please be advised that the above refernced account is closed in our office.

In addition please be advised we have contacted the credit bureaus with which we do business with OUR (I love that part) request to delete our listing of the above referenced account from your credit profile. Please be advised that NCO financial systems cannont affect a change on how any other company may have listed the above account on your credit profile. We appreciate teh opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

Geez its amazing what a letter from an AG will do... that seems to be the only thing that woke them up...

Why can't I afford a lawyer??? Dang!! What's the payment range to have a lawyer just verify the sol and all that good stuff?

Great job Carolina! That's the NCO form letter you want to see.

It's funny, look at the bottom and it still has the "this is an attempt to collect a debt" jargon..

actually it doesnt.. just the signature of some woman.. and thats it.. no collect the debt.. nothing it didnt even look like the reqular mail and was on better quality letterhead then the past stuff

I did all the legwork,. I told her it was out of SOL she just sent the letter... I could have sent the same one.. I basicially told her the situation but when the words Esq appear on the letterhead it seems to carry more weight.. letters from the AG doesnt hurt either .. THATS what got them

Damn! Lawyers get paid either way. I need an Esq somebody. lol

IT is not a big deal.. you CAN do it yourself.. the lawyers letter was NOT what prompted this... that was to stop the lawsuit.. what prompted the drop is the complaint to the PA AG's office which you can file online

I'll have to look more into this. I've been exchanging messages with a few people who visit the board and many of them have made collectors/creditors back down as well. Consumers are getting tough.