FCNB/Mastertrust Question

Conspiracist1169

Anyone ever have luck getting FCNB/Mastertrust off your CR?

Account charged off in November 2003.

Normally I've had luck getting deletions within a 2 year time frame of the charge off. But this nasty OC won't let go. I'm willing to bet any paper trail they have is gone, and they're just taking a quick glance at a computer screen - seeing my name and SS# and validating the debt.

I recently tried AGAIN to dispute this as not mine, but they will not come off.

Any suggestions?

I'm willing to bet any paper trail they have is gone, and they're just taking a quick glance at a computer screen - seeing my name and SS# and validating the debt.

Don't bet on it. I was a law department manager for a national bank for 5 years. There are federal regulations on how long a bank must keep documents. They may not have them right there at the customer service rep, but they will have them... most likely in off site storage or on microfische.

FCNB = First Consumer National Bank. It was a wholly owned subsidiary of the First National Bank of Omaha. FCNB may be gone, but it's parent lives on.

Don't bet on it. I was a law department manager for a national bank for 5 years. There are federal regulations on how long a bank must keep documents. They may not have them right there at the customer service rep, but they will have them... most likely in off site storage or on microfische.

FCNB = First Consumer National Bank. It was a wholly owned subsidiary of the First National Bank of Omaha. FCNB may be gone, but it's parent lives on.

Stop telling the credit bureaus that is not yours that tactic won't work and the credit bureau will not bother doing a real investigation. Your best bet is to tell the credit bureau they have violated the FCRA by not validated the debt.According to the FCRA debt must be validated before they can collect ( I am presuming the debt has since been sold to a junk debt buyer) if this is the case the aforementioned strategy will work they simply will not respond to the dispute and the the item will fall off your report. Junk debt buyers almost never have the complete payment history let alone original contract. So try this and you should prevail!

Thanks for your advice. Oddly enough, this was never sold to a junk debt buyer. The OC has simply been stamping my credit reports with Late Payment and Charge off for the past 3+ years. It's only $500, so I'm beginning to consider offering them a pay for delete. Will they still do that even though the account has been charged off?

If your credit report says "Charge off / sold to another lender" with a $0 balance, then the debt has been sold to a JDB. If it doesn't say that, then "charge off" is only an accounting term...doesn't mean anything for you. If you have the money, call them and play the "oh gee, just found you on my credit reports, forgot all about this, thought it was taken care of, where do I send the check, and can you fix my credit reports?" They'll probably just mark it paid as agreed, but that better than what could happen...