dustman

Finally have my cedit clean NOW THIS!!!

Hello friends

I had a account with alltell financial thatwas reporting on the 3 bureaus. On the 3rd round of disputes it dissappeared off of ex and eq. TU can always verify magically.

Now the thing is these were deleted off my 2 credit reports 6 months ago. The debits themselves arent too old mabye 2 years.

So today i get a letter from OMNI credit out of florida. Apparentely they sold the debit to a collection agency.

My main questions are this.

1- Can this CA report this account (there be 2 reportings on the same account) in addition to alltel doing a tradeline?

2-what can i do to keep this OFF my credit report? to keep them from putting a tradeline on?

I will DV on tuesday and see what happens.

Thanks for everyones help

Yep...these things have a habit of popping up again...

1- Can this CA report this account (there be 2 reportings on the same account) in addition to alltel doing a tradeline?

Yep...fraid so, unless you get the DV to them before they report.

2-what can i do to keep this OFF my credit report? to keep them from putting a tradeline on?

call the OC and play dumb..."oh gee, I found this in my sock drawer, forgot all about it...can I pay it now?..." (Of course that might not work if the debt has been sold.

(I'd still go ahead with the DV...the CA or JDB will still need to be dealt with)

Thanks

As of today new years eve it has NOT been posted on my report from this CA only from the OC and 2 of them have been deleted.

SO if i can get the DV sent to them before there is a tradeline from them they CANT legally report it until its validated to me right?

Can they even put it on my Credit report before the 30 days is up?

Mabye i should send it priority mail :-)

thanks

regards

shane

Thanks

As of today new years eve it has NOT been posted on my report from this CA only from the OC and 2 of them have been deleted.

SO if i can get the DV sent to them before there is a tradeline from them they CANT legally report it until its validated to me right?

Mabye i should send it priority mail :-)

thanks

regards

shane

Send it CMRRR..(Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested)

Technically, its a violation of the FDCPA "continued collection" clause for them to report anything other than "in dispute" on your CRs. However, "in dispute" is enough of a ding...and, this single violation is probably not enough to win a court case.

And, doing something illegal is not enough to stop a CA from hassling you.

Somebody here once posted what I feel is the best description of credit repair I've ever heard. It's like a Wack The Mole game..... ;-)

Keep at it and eventually the moles will quit popping up.

I think that was me. :)

Also, if you use a really large mallet to whack the moles with and bang really really hard, they tend to remain too stunned to pass the buck to the next mole.