Are CA required to notify you before the report to the CRA?

winter97

I just had a collection from Security Check on behalf of Pizza Hut show up from 2001! I never knew anything like this existed! And here I am in the middle of having my mortgage app. sent to the underwriters!

Needless to say I need it off now. I would pay for deletion its only 30 bucks. I guess they are closed for the New Year today. But I was wondering if they where supposed to let me know about this before it just popped up on my report. Thanks

Well I hope that it wouldn't but getting this mortgage has been close to falling apart a couple of times already and didn't want anything to risk it. The last time they pulled my report was Nov 20th and I've heard that if its more than 30days out the underwriter will pull it again. So I am just panicking that they will pull, find this and say "to bad " :p

Thanks for your reply, too bad they don't have to notify us :)