Disputing????

ART ROD

Welcome...you gots lots of reading to do, my friend. Most questions have been answered before. But, I'll help with your first question....

If you're talking about disputing with a credit reporting agency (CRA), then, do your first couple of rounds online. If you have to ask for a method of verification (MOV) in the later rounds, then CMRRR might be better because you may wind up suing to get it resolved.

On the other hand, if you're talking about disputing with a collection agency (CA) or junk debt buyer (JDB)...always CMRRR. If its not in writing, it didn't happen.

Good luck!

Thank You Very Much For You Input....the Problem I Seem To Have On Disputing Online Is They Ask For A Number On The Cr......i Did Not Pull From Them Directly So I Do Not Have The Number....is The Only Way I Can Dispute Online Is With This Number???? If So Does That Mean I Have To Repull My Cr Directly From Big 3????? And If I Do Not Do This Is Cmrrr The Only Way Without Going Direct To Big 3????

Thanks For The Input.....very Well Appreciated!!!!

Each of the big 3 CRAs do have their own little pecularities (sp?). If what you're trying to do is start with one of those 3-in-1 reports, and then dispute, you'll have problems. That 3-in-1 crap is pretty much a rip off...maybe sorta almost accurate for the sponsor, but, pure-D out of date and wrong for the others.

I went through the www.annualcreditreport.com portal to each of the CRA's sites...printed off a copy of my free report...and then went back online to dispute. If you haven't printed off a copy directly from the CRA in question, then I'd suggest you either start there...or do your disputes by mail.

i Did Not Pull From Them Directly So I Do Not Have The Number....is The Only Way I Can Dispute Online Is With This Number????

Yes, follow Willing's advice about pulling your free annual reports. FYI: EQ & TU do not require a confirmation # for disputing online. For EQ, here's the link: https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/consumer/sitepage.ehtml?forward=online_dispute Enter in your zip. On the next page, you should see @ the top (right under "Welcome to Equifax Online Dispute") where you can start an investigation w/o a confirmation number.

For TU, you would have to sign in b4 you can dispute w/o a file #. It make take a little searching, but trust...it's there.