Eskanos & Adler Notice of Intent to Arbitrate

I got a letter from Eskanos and Adler of Notice of Attempt to Arbitrate for a supposed MBNA account. I dv'ed and have received nothing back. What do I do? And I have searched this topic for many hours and many different opinions it seems. Should I send a letter refusing arbitration? They said if they don't hear from me within 7 days of this letter they will proceed. I do not want a judgement but I don;t want to pay on an account I have no idea what it is. Is it my account...I don't know, it is quite possible but with no dv I can't tell. If anyone can jump in an offer advice I would gretly appreciate it. I cannot affor a judgement on my cr.

Thank you in advance for your respnses and Happy New Year to You All!!!

I have found the best source of information on this is to contact Bud Hibbs at BudHibbs.com. the refusal, especially if its NAF means nothing.. they will more then likely blow it off...

I know there are many opinions on this.. Bud is great about calling you back personally.. but I would email him and start from there.. keep us posted and good luck

Send theDV, remind them that if they contnue with the arb they are violating the law if they do not verify.

If you get tehNotice of Claim, do not ignore it. Fill out the response form from the website and ask for a participatory hearing and discovery, reminding the NAF lapdogs that the alleged agreement says teh claimant will pay the costs of the hearing.

Another thing you can do is get a lawyer and bring an order to show cause disputing the alleged arbitration agreement. If they do not have good paper on you, they will likely lose. It is expensive but settles the issue fairly quickly.

Send theDV, remind them that if they contnue with the arb they are violating the law if they do not verify.

If you get tehNotice of Claim, do not ignore it. Fill out the response form from the website and ask for a participatory hearing and discovery, reminding the NAF lapdogs that the alleged agreement says teh claimant will pay the costs of the hearing.

Another thing you can do is get a lawyer and bring an order to show cause disputing the alleged arbitration agreement. If they do not have good paper on you, they will likely lose. It is expensive but settles the issue fairly quickly.

RA

Can you or should you validate after the notice of arbitration has been sent.. I was not aware of this... how does this help... thanks!