Help Me

jcooley7

Iam new here so i need a little help

I had 2 charge offs one to providian and one to dell i have paid them both off and got a letter in the mail saying account settled is this a good thing

also i have a collections for dish network do i need to pay them off or what do i need to do i think its about 175 dollars

and I have a few late payments on my CR how do i get them off

Iam new here so i need a little help

I had 2 charge offs one to providian and one to dell i have paid them both off and got a letter in the mail saying account settled is this a good thing

also i have a collections for dish network do i need to pay them off or what do i need to do i think its about 175 dollars

and I have a few late payments on my CR how do i get them off

1. On the charge-offs, did you request in writing that the items be removed from your credit report before making payment? It's very difficult for it to be removed after the fact.

2. Regarding collections, it is better to contact the original creditor, dish network, to settle this bill and have it removed from your credit report. Do this in writing (certified) as well before sending any payment.

3. Late payments will need to be handled with the original creditor. If they are indeed yours, you can send a "goodwill letter" which they may accept and remove them. ::linedancers::

As to the paid chargeoffs, if they are being listed on your credit reports as "Paid Chargeoff," "Paid Collection," "Settled After Collection," or "Settled For Less Than Full Balance," then they are hurting your FICO scores as much as never having paid the account. Even though you may initially lose some points for any history these accounts may have had, in the long run it is better that the tradelines be deleted. If the furnishers reporting the paid/settled chargeoffs won't agree to direct the CRAs to delete the tradelines, then dispute the tradelines with the CRAs.