"Proof"!!!!!!!!!

iwant2getthem

ok..this has got to be one of the best examples of how far collection agencies will go to try and swindle you. I have been disputing an account with a CA. After repeatedly ignoring my DV requests while simultaneously verifying it with the CRA, I finally received "proof" the account was mine. The CA sent me a hand written invoice on aa piece of lined paper with a hand written note saying here is the proof the account is mine. yes, lined white paper handwritten. It is supposedly for a utility which cant be for various reasons. They say that is what they were sent. I sent them a nice "are you kidding me letter" saying no reasonable jury on earth will believe a multibillion dollar utility keeps their records handwritten on white lined paper and gave them only 7 days to delete it or I will hire a lawyer and sue them. They deleted it!!!

Can you believe it? How could they possibly try and get away with it. After disputing it so hard I am tempted to send the file to the AG office as is and really ask for an investigation. They are well known in my state for all their default judgements. Wish E. Spitzer was still AG and I lived in NY . He would castrate people like these guys. I only posted this becuase I am still in disbelief.

But it is actually true.....they sent 2 pages of white paper "itemized" in handwriting. If it didnt happen to me I would not believe it. If it was the only thing I had to worry about, I would hire a lawyer, call the local media, send it to the AG and really make an example of them. I just wanted them to go away which it looks like they did. Oh and they were past the sol.

I dont owna scanner but I will got to the library tomorrow and if they have one I surely will. Just take any 2 pieces of white lined paper and write on it name, address, date , balance, a few supposed payments that dont even add correctly and then act like it came from a multi-billion dollar utility.

I was tempted to send them teh exact same bill to their ceo saying he owes me millions and usingt he same "evidence." If the politicians actually cared at what these ca do, I would consider providing it as proof to show they have no clue.

I would still send a complaint and copies of your documentation to the AG. If they did this to you, they are doing it to other people. They need to be "educated" in no uncertain terms that this is not acceptable business practices and the best people to do that is your Attorney General.

Who knows, you may find yourself a class-leader in a major suit against the collector and the OC with a nice hefty check once it is all over with.

Don't just lie down and let them continue to do this to other, less informed people.

Unbelievable. I'd also file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Use their on-line form; it will take you 5 minutes. They can't deal with your individual situation, but if they get enough complaints they may go after these guys for fraud.

Its funny becuase they kept avoiding sending me any info then finally sent the handwritten stuff. I thought it was a joke myself. The best is it was supposedly what they were provided from the OC who is a multi billion dollar entity. I sent them probably the most harshly written letter I could saying if they dont close it and delete it immediately I will sue them and file complaints. Within 5 days it was gone. So can I go back on our "agreement"" and report them anyway? Or just leave it alone. Oh and I forgot to mention they went through all this for a $83 dollar bill that they reported on my credit. So they paid less than $.01 but spent all the time to write out 2 sheets and draw in lines and hte such. Unbelievable.