Midland Credit Mgt.

bluemoonchild

Hey all. So, I was all excited because I got a few old listings taken off my experian report. Well, I was checking the status of another dispute and, all of a sudden, there's a new listing!

It's for an old Hospital Bill from when I lived in Orlando in 2002.

Does it matter that I live in PA now?

Does anyone have ANY advice on how to handle this?

~Emilie

I am dealing with them right now on this. MCM is collecting for the JDB Midland Funding, LLC.

Midland Funding bought a large number of receivables from Orlando Regional Healthcare. I am trying to determine if this is a HIPPA violation. (The selling of PHI, that is)

If I get an opinion that it is, I will be filing complaints with the appropriate govt agencies. Maybe you could try to do the same.

I am dealing with them right now on this. MCM is collecting for the JDB Midland Funding, LLC.

Midland Funding bought a large number of receivables from Orlando Regional Healthcare. I am trying to determine if this is a HIPPA violation. (The selling of PHI, that is)

If I get an opinion that it is, I will be filing complaints with the appropriate govt agencies. Maybe you could try to do the same.

It's through Orlando Regional...what are you doing to find out if it's a HIPPA violation? I need to do something.

~Emilie

It's through Orlando Regional...what are you doing to find out if it's a HIPPA violation? I need to do something.

Enigma, currently resident on InfiniteCredit.comm, has argued this in Florida and settled. You might want to go there and ask (normally I wouldn't refer someone elsewhere, but this is a very specific thing). He's also a lawyer, though not in consumer law afaik.

You mentioned that your bill was in Orlando and Midland is not licensed to collect in Florida. I sent them a DV for a credit card and they did not reply. Just FYI that they arent licensed here.

Does it matter that I'm now in Pennsylvania? I haven't lived in Orlando since 2002, which is when that bill is from. Which makes it out of SOL, I'm pretty sure...