Multiple CA's for same account???

dconley7

Hi,

I have a old CC account on my CR along with a corressponding CA. I currently receive letters from a different CA, that is not on my CR, regarding this account. Do I send a DV to the CA listed on my CR or to the CA that is currently sending me letters or both? And do I dispute the OC with the CRA at the same time? Aslo, I have another acccount that is similar; I receive letters from different CA's, but only the OC is listed on my CR, not the CA's. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks

-Does the # of open disputes at a time with the CRA matter? I have 9 accounts that I want to dispute, should I only do a few at a time? Also, If a disputed item is deleted from one CRA is it automatically deleted from the other 2 CRA's or do I have to dispute each item with every CRA?

If a disputed item is deleted from one CRA is it automatically deleted from the other 2 CRA's or do I have to dispute each item with every CRA?

No (to your first question). Yes (to the second).

Each CRA is a different company, so you have to deal with them independently.

I'll let the experts handle your other questions.

Hi,

I have a old CC account on my CR along with a corressponding CA. I currently receive letters from a different CA, that is not on my CR, regarding this account. Do I send a DV to the CA listed on my CR or to the CA that is currently sending me letters or both?

If the account is now with a second CA, then most likely simply disputing the TL of the first with the CRA will be enough to get it deleted as the CA no longer has an interest in the account. Did you receive the first collection letter from the second CA within the past 30 days? If it has been longer, you can still DV the CA; however, they do not have to cease collection activity during the DV process.
And do I dispute the OC with the CRA at the same time?
Yes, you can dispute the OC's TL at the same time. However, don't be surprised if the CA's TL is deleted while the OC's is not. In my experience an OC TL tends to be much more difficult to have deleted than a CA tradeline.
Aslo, I have another acccount that is similar; I receive letters from different CA's, but only the OC is listed on my CR, not the CA's. I would greatly appreciate any help.
It is not unusual for a CA not to report a TL as it costs them money.
Does the # of open disputes at a time with the CRA matter? I have 9 accounts that I want to dispute, should I only do a few at a time?
It's up to you. When I was cleaning up my reports I would dispute just a few at a time and wait a few months between disputes. That worked for me and for my credit repair goals. If you have a need to repair your credit quickly then it is perfectly fine to dispute all negative TLs at once. Just be certain to keep a paper trail and detailed records of your disputes.

I believe I have a case of duplicates om my credit report. There is an old bill in the amount of $1630.00 that went to collections. Two different named collection agencies are reporting it as an "open" collection. Eq and TU are reporting two "collection accounts" in the amount of $3260.00. Is this a true case of duplicating? If so, where do I begin?