Experian Security Freeze

I just looked at my updated EX report and low and behold a security freeze has been placed on there. How in the heck do I get that off of there? How to I talk to a REAL person at that place? How can I get it off of there and where did it come from? I didn't put it there so I don't have the required PIN to remove it? I surely don't feel I should have to send all the "documentation" they want through the mail. They didn't ask for it when they took my money.

If you made any dispute that an item was not yours, the CRAs will assume it is identity theft and put a fraud alert (freeze) on your file. It's absurd. The CRAs simply refuse to acknowledge that sometimes it is just a mistake.

Anyways, the law says you have to request in writing that they remove the fraud alert. You can't undo it on the phone.

I just looked at my updated EX report and low and behold a security freeze has been placed on there. How in the heck do I get that off of there? How to I talk to a REAL person at that place? How can I get it off of there and where did it come from? I didn't put it there so I don't have the required PIN to remove it? I surely don't feel I should have to send all the "documentation" they want through the mail. They didn't ask for it when they took my money.

I had the same thing done to me and they actually notify the others (TU and EQ) and they will also do the same. I sent in a letter asking that it be removed and the only one that did was TU. I actually used it to my advantage with EX. Since they are SO difficult to deal with regarding inquiries, I sent in a dispute to their fraud department and they removed 5 inquiries.