Credit repair 1st post

hman20

I work in the Mortgage industry. I have a lot of clients that have damaged credit.

I recently met a person that claims he can delete negative items off any credit report, including BKs, tax liens, 30 day lates even inquires and the list gos on in 45 days. For $400. He has shown me before and after credit reports, its impressive.

Does anyone know if this is possible. For what I read here I don't see anything like it.

There are no guarantees. It CAN be done, but not with 100% reliability. Sometimes, you get the delete, sometimes you pay for a delete, and sometimes it doesn't work. Sometimes you have to sue to get illegal listings gone. For $400, you cannot get those kind of guaranteed results. Even when it is successful, it can take months, up to a year and a half for best results. It takes 30 days just for the first round of disputes.

Remember that the CRA's will tell you that you cannot get accurate, negative information removed. That depends upon your definition of accurate. Accurate is what the furnishers can prove.

To charge in advance, and guarantee results is a violation of the CROA, and is thus illegal. The man you spoke with is a scam artist.

It's taken me two and a half years and five lawsuits to get 25-29 negative items deleted per CRA. This despite the fact that some were identity theft, and some were identity confusion.

On the fifteenth, it may be six lawsuits.

For progress over time:

baddies.png

(My website has several charts, because that's how I manage my process.)