Questions RE: DV Strategy

argento05

I'm applying for a mortgage and I need to clear up some old items on my CR's.

I have 2 old collections (2000 & 2001) that I want to get removed. I moved several times and never received any letters from the CA's.

In reading the DV Strategy on this site, I get the impression that for DV to be effective, the debtor has to respond with the DV within 30 days of receiving the letter. I'm a little unclear on time frames regarding old debt

Question. In the case of very old collections on the CR, does it make sense to DV? If they don't respond to the request, what happens next?

TIA

There is no timit limit to when you can dispute. The time limit corresponds to actions they can take after your dispute.

You can always dispute. They must always report disputed debts as disputed to other parties.

You must dispute within 30 days of receiving a letter giving your validation rights to hold them to ceasing collection until they obtain and forward verification of the debt.