Negotiating Power On A New Collection?

Phirefli

I have the money to pay a new collection that just popped up on my credit report.

I was divorced in the spring and moved to a new state. My ex said he paid all utility bills, he didn't, and now an account has appeared on my credit report from GC Services, which is a collection agency. The OC would have been Atlanta Gas Light, and the OC has not put this account on my credit report at all.

Question 1. I have read here that I should try to pay through the OC. If the OC does let me pay this bill directly through them, will the CA have to delete what they have put on my credit report? After I pay the OC, will they then maybe *ADD* it to my credit report although they have put nothing on there as of now?

Question 2. Since this is a recent collection, "if" the OC will not accept my payment and I have to contact the CA, what are my chances for a Pay for Delete? (being that its a recent collection).

Thanks in Advance!

This debt has been sold to Junk debt buyer! That is why it just popped on your credit report. You can try with OC but they most likely direct you to the CA. Call the the customer service dept. and negotiate with them how the item will appear on your report. Only thing acceptable is delete when payment is received. You first get a letter from them that states the terms before you send in payment this is incredibley important no letter no payment it is that simple!!

If the OC does let me pay this bill directly through them, will the CA have to delete what they have put on my credit report?

no.

After I pay the OC, will they then maybe *ADD* it to my credit report although they have put nothing on there as of now?

maybe, that is why you should get any agreement in writing BEFORE you pay

Since this is a recent collection, "if" the OC will not accept my payment and I have to contact the CA, what are my chances for a Pay for Delete? (being that its a recent collection).

Depends. Why don't you DV first?