OC/CA Question

argento05

The OC on a collection has agreed to pull the debt back from the CA. I said I will pay the debt if they either have the CA remove the neg TL or do it themselves. They said that they would.

Is there a letter that I can use for the framework for this agreement?

What's the mechanism to have the CA remove the neg TL?

Can I send the agreement to the CRA to force removal even though the CA filed the neg?

Thanks

The OC on a collection has agreed to pull the debt back from the CA. I said I will pay the debt if they either have the CA remove the neg TL or do it themselves. They said that they would.

Is there a letter that I can use for the framework for this agreement?

What's the mechanism to have the CA remove the neg TL?

Can I send the agreement to the CRA to force removal even though the CA filed the neg?

Thanks

I would have the original creditor send me verification that they have notified the collection agency as to the settlement of your account. I would not contact the credit bureaus until I actually get written confirmation from the original credit of the debt settled and request for removal sent to the credit bureaus. Below is a letter you can use:

SAMPLE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND CREDITOR

Your Name

Your Address

Your City, State, Zip

Account Number

Today’s Date

Creditor Name

Creditor Address

City/State/Zip

Dear Creditor:

This is in regard to the account shown above with the outstanding balance of $_____. I agree to pay you the sum of $____ as payment in full of this obligation, if you agree to remove this item from my credit report and no longer report the delinquency to any credit bureaus.

If you agree to this arrangement, please have a copy of this letter signed by an authorized representative of your company in the space provided below. Return the signed copy of this agreement to me and I will immediately forward payment.

Sincerely,

Printed Name

I agree to the arrangement described above.

Name Date

Hope this helps! :)%