Tactical Timing of DV Question...

zwiepak

Evening!

I just had one of my credit card accounts, apparently, go into collections. Of course, I got what appears to be the usual, "Unless you respond in 30 days, we assume the debt to be valid...".

Now, I would imagine (and this could be a naive presumption, so sorry!), the CA's are probably wise to the DV/CRA methodology I've been reading about here, but I'll give it a shot nonetheless. My bottom line question is this: Is there any tactical advantage to letting more time pass before pulling the first DV letter/trigger? I have searched the site for about an hour or so, and didn't really find anything of the sort...

...and here's my reasoning: I would imagine there might be, as GENERALLY, the more time goes on, the more "hand switches" things go through, the more difficult it is to acquire the necessary information. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks! :)

Huh? I am not sure what you are asking. ALWAYS DV within the forst 30 days.

I'm asking about the timing from when the debt is "handed over" from the OC to the CA. I was just wondering if there was any advantage to letting the CA pursue you for a while before shooting off a DV letter...

I'm asking about the timing from when the debt is "handed over" from the OC to the CA. I was just wondering if there was any advantage to letting the CA pursue you for a while before shooting off a DV letter...

There is absolutely no advantage to playing a pusuit game with a CA.

Always DV within the 30 day time frame, that makes your DV timely, otherwise if you wait- the 30 days pass- then you've given the CA the assumption that the debt is correct and yours. The CA doesn't have to respond to your DV if you send it after the 30 days

follow the flowchart: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/debt_validation_workflow.shtml

and save yourself alot of grief