need advice about AU accounts

punkenhead

I have two accts on which I am an authorized user. One was opened in Dec 2005 and the other in May 2006. Both accounts show as current, never late, however, both have balances very near the maximum ($10,000 on one $4,500 on the other).

My question is this: Would it help my credit score more to leave the positive tradelines on my report, or would my credit score be better served by removing the accounts, which would greatly improve my utilization?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

My first question would be to ask why you chose to become an AU on an account that was maxed out but whatever...

The best thing would be for the accounts to be paid down and you'd have two good TLs on your report. Since someone was so nice as to add you as an AU on their accounts, perhaps you could throw a little money their way to help pay the cards down?

My first question would be to ask why you chose to become an AU on an account that was maxed out but whatever...

The best thing would be for the accounts to be paid down and you'd have two good TLs on your report. Since someone was so nice as to add you as an AU on their accounts, perhaps you could throw a little money their way to help pay the cards down?

Thank you all for your answers. The two accounts were decidedly not maxed out when I became an AU. The owner of the accounts decided to go through a "mid-life crisis" recently and buy a buttload of stuff in an effort to regain their youth. I am afraid it can only get worse, so I think, with the help of Methuss' sage advice, I am going to have the tradelines removed.

Thanks again for all responses.