Large Amounts Of Medical

ART ROD

My brother is a dialysis patient and has been for 15 years. He has pages of MEDICAL on all of the Big3.....How should i start on these??? Should i just DV them and the CRA at the same time???? There are so many he does not know which ones are valid and which ones are not...

Do you mean large amounts of "medical" collections?

If so, you say he has "pages", start by analyzing each tradeline on each report to see if any of the debts are duplicates (reported more than once by different CAs/JDBs on one report), that way you'll get an idea of just how many debts are actually listed.

Look for the dates of last activity to see if any of them are past the SOL- so you will have an affirmative defense if they try to sue, and to see if any of them are past the 7 year reporting period- if some are- then dispute the debt with the CRA- once past the 7 year reporting period- the debt must come off.

DVing is for the CA, not the CRA or the OC

keep in mind, if your brother has not heard from some of these debts and he disputes with the CRA, he may just awaken the CA/JDB - who may then try to collect- so make sure you know your SOL

One thing I recommend for all newbies just starting is to have only your current address on each of the reports. Dispute all others. Claim ignorance to where they even got an address. I say I've been living at an address for 15 years. They have always done it for me. They get there by being reported there b creditors. However, there are times when some trade lines are matched up using addresses as well as the names. If you have a common last name and the creditor does not have a SSN# the computers use addresses as well.

In the past, I've had stuff fall off simply because of that. It will also help once you start disputing with the CRAs.