Black Listed by CIT BANK? WHO are they?

I must have really pissed someone off at CIT bank because some "pretty easy to get" places will not let me have a break. I've noticed a lot of places now are offereing credit through them. Dell, Fingerhut, a few store cards I looked at but dont remember....

I can't really find anything on them....and as far as I know I've never had any credit by them (unless they've bought some accounts somewhere)

I was denied from dell a couple of month ago....and also at Fingerhut!!! It's bad when I cant get the $135 minimum credit that Fingerhut offers and I make a very nice income and have dramatically cleaned up my credit since the LAST TIME I applied there....

Hell I thought anyone could get Fingerhut....who else pays that much for stuff that's a little dated to begin with...I bought a $2 catalog hoping that'd up my chances a bit, and the catalog had front cover advertising opening an account and getting so much off with your first order, so I did that....used the code....and still denied!!! (now it didnt say pre-qualified, so it wasn't really an offer, just an advertisement)

but still.....I cant get a friggin break from these people....anyone got any ideas on getting in good with them?

Dell is not Citi bank, because I have a Dell.

You're right; but as griffiscustoms & PolarBearnCO stated, Dell uses CIT Bank (not Citibank). I got it confused, too, when I was first denied by Dell. I had to re-read the T&C to learn that their cards are housed by CIT Bank (I still have no idea who they are).

CIT Bank is different from CitiBank. Their corporate headquarters is in New Jersey and their Worldwide headquarters is in New York. Here is a litte information concerning them: They own Newcourt Credit Group which is one of the world's largest secured lenders; they are also part of Tyco Int'l as well as Healthcare Business Credit Corp., Educational Lending Group and GE Commercial Services; 20% of their company is owned by Chase Manhattan. As you can see, they have their hands in many areas.xshotx

Dang, seems they're pretty big. Wish I could get a "foot in the door" with them. They wont give me a break, even from Fingerhut. I thought just about anybody could get Fingerhut :roll:

IMHO, you aren't missing out on much. I wouldn't worry too much. Also, some years back I did hear that Fingerhut sold their credit division, so their criteria may be more stringent.

Elyse