Getting charge-offs removed after you've paid them

tigwelder32920

This approach has worked for me, but you'll need to search the forum to find out how this has worked for others. In some cases, the credit reporting firms and original creditors/collection agencies have to be pushed to get this done (in my situation, it sometimes took letters to the creditor copied to a state attorney general).

I too have been the begger of goodwill and it has worked for me. I had 3 old paid collections removed by simply calling the CA. They were all medical- I think that particular CA "went easy" on me, because I was so upfront with them from the beginning.

If begging doesn't work try the sticky in the Collections forum:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224956

there's alot of good advice there

It has been my experience that goodwill letters work better for CAs and for OCs who have been reporting correctly. I have three OCs, each reporting on a different report, whose TLs are reporting exactly correctly and who refuse to delete their TLs. They refuse to budge, even when I point out that the law only says that if they do report then they must report accurate information. It doesn't say that they must report. However, I feel somewhat fortunate in that each of these three OCs used to report on all three reports. My goodwill letter worked on each of them for two out of three of their tradelines (deleted), but all refused to budge on the third. I think that may be more than coincidence, but since these negative TLs are now in their fifth year I've stopped paying much attention to them and they don't seem to be affecting my FICO much anymore.