I need help bad

cran520

I sent out my disputes letters last month and I am expecting them to come back any day now. My problem is one of the negative tradelines is direct merchants bank now owned by hsbc I believe. The balance is a little over $4000. Around 2 years ago they tried to garnish my wages from work. Thanks to this website I got the garnishment stayed. The judge set a trial date because I told her the account was not mine. Well, the day before court I got a letter frome their lawyer dismissing the case. When I sent my dispute letters, I also included the letter showing they dismissed the case which to me means they can not prove it was my account. All 3 credit bureaus are coming back verified with that account. I even got a letter from hsbc stating they recieved a dispute from one of the three major credit reporting agencies. I am not sure what my next step should be.

The judge set a trial date because I told her the account was not mine.
Was the account yours, though? It's one thing to tell the court that you don't remember if the account is yours and demanding plaintiff's proof to jog your memory. It's quite another to simply say the account is definitely not yours. There is a fine line between a bad memory and perjury.