JC Penney re-aged...

elyse449

Hi folks,

My dh has an old JC Penney acct STILL reflecting negatively upon his credit and he hasn't paid on this account since 1996. I found out tonight that they are not only reporting on his credit files, but they've also re-aged his account so it appears new! Here's the kicker...I got previous credit reports to prove otherwise! :) Now I'll get them together, but what do I do?? Who do I contact? Send letter of dispute?

TIA.

Elyse

Well you get a lawyer and threaten to sue them if they don't fix their errors. This is well past the statute of limitations for every state and far beyond the reporting period allowed.

They cannot '"re-age" an account unless he has made at least three consecutive minimum payments under a workout plan. Further, re-aging means the account is returned to current open status.

This account is effectively dead, uncollectable, and unreportable if the last payment was made in 1998.

Well you get a lawyer and threaten to sue them if they don't fix their errors. This is well past the statute of limitations for every state and far beyond the reporting period allowed.

They cannot '"re-age" an account unless he has made at least three consecutive minimum payments under a workout plan. Further, re-aging means the account is returned to current open status.

This account is effectively dead, uncollectable, and unreportable if the last payment was made in 1998.

I think we'll do just that. Thanks, Methuss. I know as long as I've been with my husband he hasn't paid on this account and that's 10 yrs next month. Losers.

Elyse

• 3 weeks later...

We filed complaints on Jan. 9th 2007 with BBB, FTC and Attorney General Offices. So far, the only response is that they "need time to investigate the matter fully..." I truly hope this can be worked out, otherwise we will have to seek legal representation. We're trying to refi our ARM loan and only have 6 months to work with! GRR...so that means I have to get my dh's scores up (since he's the wage earner) ASAP.

Elyse

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I had contacted a NACA attorney today and was awaiting response when what happened? I logged in w/ dh nearby and requested his "Experian" credit report and GUESS WHAT? JC Penney/GEMB placed David's acct in "credit card lost or stolen, closed/never late" with a NA balance!!!!!! And guess what section it's in with Experian?? It's in "accounts in good standing..." YES. Finally. I re-checked his FICO which WAS 513 and it's now 554! FINALLY--results...at least with Experian.

Elyse