MYFICO.COM Score Updates Question

I have a question about the timing of the scoring update of myfico.com. I had a successful dispute email come to me the other day where 3 of 4 items were deleted. The very same day I pulled my FICO score again for that CRA. The items were deleted from the report from my previous report, but my FICO score did not change. Should we wait a few days for myfico.com to recalculate our scores due to them possibly giving us static scores that are calculated once per day? If that is correct, it could save us a lot of money.

Direred, I just want to give you props!;) I've read many of your threads and responses to folks here and you really know your ****!

Thanks for all the insight you have given, I know I become more and more empowered everyday! I am doing my best to read at least 10 threads a day trying to absorb all the knowledge I can!

Keep up the good work!

I have a question about the timing of the scoring update of myfico.com. I had a successful dispute email come to me the other day where 3 of 4 items were deleted. The very same day I pulled my FICO score again for that CRA. The items were deleted from the report from my previous report, but my FICO score did not change. Should we wait a few days for myfico.com to recalculate our scores due to them possibly giving us static scores that are calculated once per day? If that is correct, it could save us a lot of money.

Remember that when an item is deleted, its history goes with it... so your score could actually go down with deletions.

As has been pointed out, your scores are not calculated daily. It's not like you have a certain "base" score today, something happens and then your "base" score raises or lowers with that one specific event. Each time you pull your report, your score is recalculated, taking everything on the report into account, not just the item(s) that changed. So the deleted items may have changed the score, but something else on the report also changed (accounts/inquiries aging or being added or deleted, etc.) and offset the change... resulting in no net score change.