Need Help!!! (NCO)

jaywesson

i have had an account past due with citizens bank for 3 years(overdraft fees) i was put away for awhile and was unable to pay it. i owed 538 dollars. well 5 months ago i have been receiving calls from NCO about collecting the debt. i spoke to someone and they offered me a settlement i would pay 1 payment of 50 the fisrts month then 155 the next month then one last payment of 155 and i would be done. well i received a call the last month saying i owe them 418 dollars they said they bought the account and thats what i owe. this is totally unfair. for the past 2 months i have been getting calls from them everyday asking me to pay it and today they were threatning they will bring me to court to get the money(not really worried about court). i am only 21 i go to school but for some reason this seems very wrong. i went from owing one last payment of 155 to owing 418?!!!!!! and tonight after 3 years it was put on my credit report. i need advice if anyone can help me. now my question is this. it is being reported in my credit as of 12/2006 this debt was added the same month they told me they bought the account. they never reported about the citizens. is this right i have 7 years from last month? or 3 years ago is when it started. plus they made a settlement and broke it. they told they sent a letter but it was returned so i have no proof but when i talk to them they know about the settlement. but they say i owe them now not citizens. so the settlement doesnt count. so i paid 255 on 360 dollar settlement and now they want me to pay another 418???!!!! help.. thanks

p.s also have been thinking about talking to them about them removing the collections account from my credit report and i will pay the 418. i need my credit

i made he first two payments and my last payment i was going to be paying and i received a call saying they own the account and total is 418. no i dont have it in writing. the lady i was dealing with at the time told me she tried sending out the letter about the agreement but it was returned. unfortunatly.