Can I dispute this?

therealdeal

I filed BK 06/2005, it was discharged 10/2005. I included a car which they reported to the 3 CRA's but at different times. Transunion was reported on 6/2006, Experian reported 6/2005, and Equifax reported 11/2006. I imagine I cannot contest the Experian but can I contest the other two? And if the other two are removed will the Experian get removed too? I got rid of a collection by contesting the date they attempted to collect after the BK discharge and called two others that willing agreed to removed some negative infomation.

Additionally, is it habit for Equifax to have accounts with no name and just account numbers? Can those be contested as well? If there is no creditor then there is no debt right.

Please reply. And thank you you for this community.

I filed BK 06/2005, it was discharged 10/2005. I included a car which they reported to the 3 CRA's but at different times. Transunion was reported on 6/2006, Experian reported 6/2005, and Equifax reported 11/2006. I imagine I cannot contest the Experian but can I contest the other two? And if the other two are removed will the Experian get removed too? I got rid of a collection by contesting the date they attempted to collect after the BK discharge and called two others that willing agreed to removed some negative infomation.

Additionally, is it habit for Equifax to have accounts with no name and just account numbers? Can those be contested as well? If there is no creditor then there is no debt right.

Please reply. And thank you you for this community.

Not all the credit bureaus may report at the same time. The main thing you want to see is that they are reporting the car as "included in bankruptcy". Also, just because one credit bureau does one action, it doesn't mean the other two will follow. That is why it is always important to have access to all three credit reports so you can monitor this. Any collections placed on your credit report after your discharge, which were included in your bankruptcy, should be removed as they never should have been there in the first place. In regards to Equifax, my credit report does show the names so I would dispute them on these accounts. :private:

• 3 weeks later...