General Revenue Corporation, 11501 Northlake Drive

gcmoore

GRC is the worst loan collector there is. I filed a complaint against them with the Ohio Attorney General for harrassment. I had to go just that far to get them to stop calling my home even after I sent them a cease and desist letter. They would call me at least 5 times every hour...no lie.

This company is listed on report as making an inquiry and I've never had an account with them, nor am I behind on any student loans. So why would they be on my report? Is it illegal for a company to make an inquiry without my permission? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I just read that GRC is also affiliated with Arrow Financial Company which collects for all kinds of debt. So maybe this is for something else. I'll have to call and find out.

GRC is a collecion agency who collects for federal loans that have defaulted and non federal accounts receivable debts as well. When we have your account placed in our office we obtain a copy of your credit to assist in your location.

As far as you not having a school loan, there are other ways to be in default. The most common way is if you signed up for a class and withdrew or got a pell grant and it defaulted. those become AR debts because the school is the holder of the account, as opposed to it being a loan.

If you didnt attend any schooling and your at GRC, we also collect on back taxes for several states. To be certain of what account you have there, just call in. Allow them to pull your file, they will be able to identify you and explain exactly what the account is for. :)

Also, we are only affiliated with Arrow Financial because we are both a subsidiary of Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae owns GRC and Arrow Financial.

GRC is a collecion agency who collects for federal loans that have defaulted and non federal accounts receivable debts as well. When we have your account placed in our office we obtain a copy of your credit to assist in your location.

As far as you not having a school loan, there are other ways to be in default. The most common way is if you signed up for a class and withdrew or got a pell grant and it defaulted. those become AR debts because the school is the holder of the account, as opposed to it being a loan.

If you didnt attend any schooling and your at GRC, we also collect on back taxes for several states. To be certain of what account you have there, just call in. Allow them to pull your file, they will be able to identify you and explain exactly what the account is for. :)

Also, we are only affiliated with Arrow Financial because we are both a subsidiary of Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae owns GRC and Arrow Financial.

Thanks for this response. I haven't received anything by mail from GRC, but the company pulled my report without my permission. When I disputed them doing so with the CRA, it was removed. So I'm not sure what that means. But somehow I don't think it was a mistake. Also, how can a pell grant default? Pell money is free, and not a loan. I understand not being approved for future grants, but not defaulting. If it can "default" does interest accrue? BTW, is there a direct phone number for this office with area code, or only the 800 number?