collections - Pressler and Pressler/New Century Finacial Services

I recived a letter from Pressler and Pressler Law Firm today stating A docket # in NJ superior court ( in a county Ive never lived in) and said I owe New Century Finacial Services a specific amount of money. I have never been issued any sort of summons, and this is the first time Ive ever heard from either of these companies.

I saw this actually appear on my Experian credit report on December 29th. I disputed it (no knowledge of account) and they removed it rather quickly.

In what I've researched online, I should mail them a certified letter asking them to validate the debt, for proof of what it is they are asking me to pay. Ive written a letter and will mail that out within a day.

Now, for the next part, what should I do ? Should I contact the court with the docket number, and ask them what its about ? Or should I wait to be served ? Should I do anything else ?

Thanks in advance

Kim

The OP states that it was a letter from the attorney. Most likely that was not a summons unless the summons was attached. The summons must come directly from the court and be served by a process server (sheriff, etc). NJ code states if a summons by mail is delivered, the summons must come from the courts and there is a $4.00 fee.

Now I am not saying it is not a summons, but the OP should contact the courts to see how the summons was served (assuming there is an open case.) Pressler/Pressler likes to send intimidating letters with drafts of lawsuits with a so called "in house docket number" that really does not mean anything.

• 9 months later...

These people are the absolute worst. they did the same thing to me. I should have sued them. I wound up settling with them. I would still like to go after them thru the NJ AG office.

Be careful with them, I got a certified letter from the court that they were sing me for a debt that I was trying to settle with them.

They are bottom feeders of the wors kind and they have many complaints agains them with the NJ AG office.

You may want to see if you can get free legal advice in dealing with them.

Good Luck and stay in touch if more help needed

I recived a letter from Pressler and Pressler Law Firm today stating A docket # in NJ superior court ( in a county Ive never lived in) and said I owe New Century Finacial Services a specific amount of money. I have never been issued any sort of summons, and this is the first time Ive ever heard from either of these companies.

I saw this actually appear on my Experian credit report on December 29th. I disputed it (no knowledge of account) and they removed it rather quickly.

In what I've researched online, I should mail them a certified letter asking them to validate the debt, for proof of what it is they are asking me to pay. Ive written a letter and will mail that out within a day.

Now, for the next part, what should I do ? Should I contact the court with the docket number, and ask them what its about ? Or should I wait to be served ? Should I do anything else ?

Thanks in advance

Kim

THERE IS A GUY WHO POSTS HERE REGULARLY ABOUT THEM AND HE HAS EVEN STARTED A WEBSITE. TYPE INE PRESSLER IN THE SEARCH BOX AND YOU WILL FIND A WEALTH OF INFO. BEST WISHES AND GOD BLESS.

Thanks in advance

Kim

THERE IS A GUY WHO POSTS HERE REGULARLY ABOUT THEM AND HE HAS EVEN STARTED A WEBSITE. TYPE "PRESSLER" IN THE SEARCH BOX AND YOU WILL FIND A WEALTH OF INFO. BEST WISHES AND GOD BLESS.

• 3 months later...

to missirish, i just came across this thread regarding being sue by pressler. the first question i have for you is the document you rcvd from the court. if it is and has a dckt # and came cmrrr and regular mail then you have been sued. it is very important that if you have not done already contact the court where the sac came from and find out the status of the lawsuit,most likely if you have not answered then a dflt jdgmnt was entered against you for failing to respond to the sac. if this is case the next docs you will rcvd will be a information subpeona

it has approx 16 questions that the court will state you must answer to avoid having a warrant/order for arrest being issued against you. the purpose of the info sub is for pressler to get info from you regarding any assets,that you may have that can be executed on by a court officer.

what can you do if you feel you don't owe this balance,is file a motion to vacate jdgmnt with the court and in that motion list the reasons/defenses that you may have to dispute this debt and be prepared to appear in court,because pressler attys always appear for these types of motions and if you don't most likely your motion will denied. if you take this course and your motion is granted this will not end your lawsuit,because you will have to file answer to have your day court.