Hospital Bills

kennedy111481

My husband had got into a car accident a while back and racked up about 5000.00 in hospital bills some of those the hospital told him in ICU that he did not have to pay but sent him a bill anyway. The anesthesiologist messed up and pulled something out too quick and made his lungs collapse so instead of a simple hand surgery it turned into a almost dead experience...

Anyway the hospital bills starting arriving about a year ago and we didnt have the time to dispute and call around about why they billed him after they said they would not so now we are just ready to pay them. The only thing on my husbands credit report is those hospital bill so we want a way to contact them and make monthly payments only if the agree to remove it from his credit report so we can buy a house.

Is this possible....someone please help...

Has the account gone to a collection agency (CA), or is it still with the hospital/doctor? Keeping in mind that anything said verbabally is almost always useless in a court of law, it is probably the right decision to entertain the idea of settlement. Start by reading everything under the "Settle Debt" link at the top of this page.

Yes it has gone to collections...they emergency ambulance company even sent him a bill...The place where he got the surgery was across the parking lot from the actual hospital where they had to take him to ICU...they said he could not walk because they had no transport oxygen thing that he could walk with...they charged him 400.00 for the ride across the parking lot..I HATE THEM..