How to write a Sample Letter to collection agency concerning monthly payments???

gcmoore

I completely forgot about a $700 debt owed to a company I did business with in the past. Does anyone have a sample letter I could send the collection agency asking if they'll accept $100 per month for seven months? This debt is owed for materials I did not return a couple of years ago, and I need to do business with this company in the Spring. The manager explained that I'd need to show proof that I've paid the debt even if it's with a collection office. Otherwise, I can't resume business with them. It also doesn't fall off my report for another year.

If the company you want to do business with still owns the debt, pay them directly. Don't ever send money to a CA.

If they don't own it any longer, put the 100.00 in a savings account every month and use it to pay cash for your new material. Old debt or not, they won't refuse cash.

If the company you want to do business with still owns the debt, pay them directly. Don't ever send money to a CA.

If they don't own it any longer, put the 100.00 in a savings account every month and use it to pay cash for your new material. Old debt or not, they won't refuse cash.

Huh? My previous message mentioned this is a collection agency. The original creditor(business I'm trying to do business with now) no longer owns the debt. This company will not do business with me until I show that I've paid the past due debt with the CA. Maybe it's a gesture of faith or something. Don't know. I'm not sure what you mean when you say don't pay a CA. The only way I would have the luxury of saving money every month would be if I had that extra time. I'd like to do business with this company in 60 days. Anyone have ideas on how to write a letter??