Inaccurate Positive Accounts......???

kf74

Ok, before I go into this, I did search for this and found nothing related....

I have two revolving accounts in great standing and showing as open with available credit, however after verifying with the creditors, I have confirmed they are indeed closed.

My question is this: Should I have the info corrected to read as closed and/or pursue having them removed completely? In light of the fact that they show all positive history, are they helping my scores? Should I just leave them be?

Thanks.....

The correct answer depends on the rest of your report. A new creditor does not always base their credit decisions on score alone. They may use the age of existing accounts, how much credit limit you have available, and other various factors in determining your credit worthiness. To some it may be a positive, to some even a negative.

However, I would leave them the way they are right now. I have asked for corrections of existing TL's before and they up and deleted them. Luckily I was monitoring them closely and was able to get them back on again. If they are positive, leave em alone.