Tu came back with all listings verified as well as personal info

shannonmae

I sent 13 letters (certified of course) to experian, tu, and equifax as well as a few collection agencies. TU sent a letter today saying everything had come back verified or that's what it looks like anyway. This stuff is hard to read. I also got a computer printout from a ca along with payment histories starting after the account was in collections. So I'm confused here. What should I do next?

Shannon

Well, I always sent my disputes to the CA's first. In some cases, the companies were no longer in business so it was easy.

When/if they didn't return validation information THEN I would dispute w/ the three CB's, but I wouldn't do it via CMRRR, I would do it either online or by phone or by a simple letter. I hear they don't like getting CMRRR letters.

As far as the print-out you got, I'm not sure that's proper verification. But than I never was clear on what constitutes proper verification and also, if you're SURE the debt isn't yours, you'd need to write them another CMRRR letter requesting further info...make it clear this debt is NOT yours. If it IS yours...and if they are reporting correct dates/balances/etc than you move on to debt settlement...unless the debt is WAY old, in which case you may not want to bother with it.

Elyse

So the ca that sent me the computer printout which was extremely vague, did not include my signature, no payment history till the account was late, no contractual obligation and so on...I can now dispute with the credit bureau's? I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing! I read the book, I look at the website everyday, but can't find answers to my specific questions! By the way...what is a cmrrr?

This discussion board is pretty cool. I'm still trying to figure out how to use it!

Shannon