What to do about Chase?

I made the big mistake of exceeding my credit limit of about $35. So now Chase has charged me all of these fees and of course double my interest rate. With the increased interest rate I cannot afford to pay the bill. I have had the account for about 2 years and I have never been delinquent. What should I do? I have never paid any bill late in the past 7 years and I don't want to start. I was able to borrow the money to pay this months bill with all of the charges but I cannot continue to pay with the higher interest rate. Please help

All you can really do is try a goodwill letter, as what they've done is completely within their rights... I'm afraid you agreed to it when you accepted the card.:(

Search for goodwill.

Yep, that's the crappy thing. They have the right to screw you when you go over your limit. All the more reason to stay as far from your limit as possible. I had my card about 20-30 dollars shy of my limit and guess what???? They charged one of their yearly fees to it so NATURALLY I went over limit!!! You bet I paid that sucker down so quick their heads spun. But I don't think it's right.

Elyse

Credit counseling with whom? Also, how much do you owe on this acct..if you don't mind me asking?

Elyse

I don't really know who I would be doing the credit counseling through because I have not done any research on any of them yet. Do you have any suggestions?