HSBC keeps good records.

OK, here's my story. I DV HSBC the middle of last year and they didn't send my anything. I thought they didn't have any records on the account. So about 2 month ago I sent a complaint to the AG office and yesterday I got a response from HSBC complaince office. They sent me copies of the signed contract, a copy of my driver's licence and a copy of my check where I had made a payment in 2005. The account was open in Dec. 2000. They really did shock me. They keep real good records. I hope that they don't sue me now for putting them through all that trouble.

Are they quick to sue customers?

Do yall think that I should send them a cease and disist letter?

Thanks to all that respond to my questions.

sjcraw

wow. Thanks for posting. I just disputed an account with them and it was verified. I am sending a DV letter tomorrow to ask for verification of the debt.

My case was an Orchard bank debt that they got when they took over.

Is your account pass SOL? If it is, I would send them the C&D letter. If not I would leave it alone.

wow. Thanks for posting. I just disputed an account with them and it was verified. I am sending a DV letter tomorrow to ask for verification of the debt.

My case was an Orchard bank debt that they got when they took over.

Is your account pass SOL? If it is, I would send them the C&D letter. If not I would leave it alone.

No the account is not out of SOL and I said to my self that they don't have to worry about me no more. I'm not gonna breath their name hard. It will be out of SOL next year. I really hope that they don't try to sue me. I beleive by sending them those letters and contacting the AG office that I have woke up a sleeping bear. They weren't bothering me. Oh well sometimes we have to pay for our actions. Thanks for repling to my message so fast.

Sjcraw

Unfortunately you are correct, they do keep good records. However you state you will be out of SOL next year, I am not sure what the specific SOL is in your state, but the payment you mentioned in 2005, reset the SOL. So unless your state has a 2 or 3 year sol, then unfortunately you will not be out next year.

C&D will most likely get you sued. Be careful where you step, as you mentioned, you already did wake up a sleeping bear, just dont piss him off. :cry:

I am a bit confused then according to http://creditinfocenter.com/repair/DisputingWithOriginalCreditor.shtml

it says you can, so i was about to send out the letter. Thanks Admin.

Can you tell me the difference when it is possible to DV them and when it is not? I was getting ready to make a jackass of myself.

My abbreviated story: HSBC inherited an old orchard bank account and that account was sold to only god know who but those people lost the account so it is not on my report. I have disputed with CRA and contacted them (HSBC) about the account but HSBC told me all the information was sold to XYZ. Since I know they dont have anything I want to get it deleted that way and have been following the information in the link provided.

What do I do???

As admin says, you can request an investigation. But "dv'ing" is not the same process.

Basically when you DV you are asking the CA/JDB to show proof the debt is yours. Then they have to contact the OC to get all the info and either forward it to you or stop collection.

But when you request and investigation from an OC they have to do an internal audit of your files. You can not sue for any violations of FDCPA as they are not a debt collector.

Chilton1, You may be confused as HSBC is actually your OC, Orchard Bank, not a CA/JDB or someone that inherited the account.

The Orchard Bank Credit Card is issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A. Since our founding in 1865, HSBC has grown into one of the world's largest financial institutions with 9500 offices in 79 countries and territories and a place near the very top of the Forbes Global 2000. As one of the largest credit card issuers in the United States, we've built a solid reputation on maintaining a strong tradition of caring, commitment and personalized service to millions of customers nationwide.

Thanks, I was confused by the process and letters to use not by the creditor, I am aware that they are not CA/JDB.

But mparks thank you and thanks admin for clearing that up. I will be sending HSBC a letter requesting an investigation. I will let you know how it turns out.