Proof of Late Payments

jenny28

My credit report shows that I have several late notices - between 30 and 90 days for a few of my accounts, but since it was nearly 5 years ago, I can't find record of this, nor do I remember paying late. So, I sent letters to these companies asking for copies of my invoices from these months to prove that they were late, and it's been nearly 2 months and I haven't heard back from them. I've disputed these accounts through the credit bureaus and they say the companies responded with it is indeed accurate - but is there a way for me to get something that actually PROVES this? I realize the law states I must get a response from credit bureaus within 30 days, but is there any law that states i should get a response from my own credit card companies?

Hello Jenny28

No real expert, maby if checks were written,you could check the dates they cleared your bank? Also, I believe that if you request as to how the cra validated , they must show you. I have read in forums somewhere that all cra disputes are reduced to a # code. I really do not know anyone yet on this site,but I have asked Methuss a ? and He answered it. Seems very knowledgeable and helpfull. I have found if you dig enough the answers are here. Good-luck

Tread very carefully here. You may risk losing a TL that is actually helping vs. hurting you. If the lates are actually that old, they aren't effecting your FICO score nearly at all.

But to answer your question, read through the link above "Disputing w/Original Creditor".