Introducing: KDogg

KDogg

Hello everyone... Wish I'd found this site some time ago but now's better than never. I'm in West Virginia, and I've got a mess of baddies on my credit reports that need to be sent runnin' to the hills.

Some of these baddies have to do with medical services. When you visit the hospital ER, you get bills from the hospital, radiology if they do x-rays, a lab company if they do labwork, and of course some from a company that represents the doctors that see you. If I were to seek verification of these debts, would any forms I signed with the hospital also be considered a contract with these companies? Most of the forms deal with consent, but they also have one or two regarding billing. However, they don't specifically name any other companies or providers.

Also, a few items appear on my report that have been paid and show a zero balance. Any suggestions on making these go away, or should I leave them alone?

Any help is greatly appreciated... and I'm certainly glad I'm not in this mess alone!

Well Welcome..

You can always DV and see what happens. But when you sign the paperwork in the hospital, you agree to be treated and pay any 3rd parties the hospital uses for medical services performed for you. If these companies respond with the "but you signed the papers in the hospital" approach, you may have difficulty removing them from your CR's

Good luck with your efforts.

I was glancing through my CR again and noticed that one of the medical providers - Radiology Inc. - was listed as a retail account rather than medical. They were also listed as a joint account. Do these have any effect as far as the debt's validity or fair reporting practices?