Paid debt, still outstanding on CR

Tried

I paid a debt to a CA in 11/06 and it still shows as not paid on the Big 3. Two days before I paid it they changed the balance from ~$1550 to ~$3550. How long do they have to change the status? Don't they have to send a confirmation letter that the balance was paid in full?

Also, they changed their tradeline on 2 of the Big 3 from individual to joint. I called in 11/06 and asked who the other party was and the CA said it was not a joint account (the call was legally recorded) and that has not even been changed.

This is what happens when you dont get everything in writing before you pay!! Collection agency's are notoriously deceitful! You can demand an accounting of the true status of your account in writing and update all the credit bureaus that they report!!! If that doesnt work there is little you can do and wait for it to drop off your credit reports and never give them a dime again let alone deal them!! Absolutely contact the OC and inform them it is your personal policy not to deal with collection agencys and ask that they give an accurate pay staus of this debt and update your reports. Then negotiate with them on paying off this debt and work out how it will appear on your report and of course everything must be in writing!!!!!!!

I paid a debt to a CA in 11/06 and it still shows as not paid on the Big 3. Two days before I paid it they changed the balance from ~$1550 to ~$3550. How long do they have to change the status? Don't they have to send a confirmation letter that the balance was paid in full?

Also, they changed their tradeline on 2 of the Big 3 from individual to joint. I called in 11/06 and asked who the other party was and the CA said it was not a joint account (the call was legally recorded) and that has not even been changed.

If it were me, I'd send a formal letter of dispute via CMRRR. I would inform them that their reporting is fraudulent and here is proof I paid this bill. Here is proof it was only MY bill, here is proof of the amount and they need to report it CORRECTLY. Then, dispute with the credit bureau's who are listing this TL. Give them a call and let them know you're disputing the info given in the TL.

Elyse