What's with Experian calling?

G'day Mates....

Lately I have received a barrage of calls from 888-929-3282. I always allow the machine to pick as I don't answer unknown calls. Caller never leaves a message.

Well today, I finally answer and it is Experian requesting information to update their records concerning my business. And not just name and address mind you..they were requesting annual sales and such...

Needledd to say, I told them to kiss off and if I wanted or needed to update my records (didn't know I even had any business records with EQ) that I would call them myself. Further that I was on the do not call list so please don't violate again.

Just wanted to know if any others were receiving these calls.

The Aussie

That's happened to me. It's really just a way to try and sell you something - oh Mr. Aussie, wouldn't you like to be highlighted in our directory for $39.99/month??

Thanks Admin...

I figured as much. I can't ever recall any of the big three calling me to verify information in my personal CR's (wouldn't that be nice) so knew there was something not right about the call.

The Aussie