Pennsylvania Help ! Credigy for 13 yrs on my report!

Hi All:

I hope you can help me with this! I printed a copy of my credit report a few months ago and found out that Credigy was on it. First I tought it was a scam because it was for a large amount for me ($4998) so I filed an online compliant with Experian so they can check on it. The result of the investigation was "Outcome: Updated (The item was verified as belonging to you) This account is scheduled to continue on record until JULY 2012" and that the original creditor was MBNA. OK, MBNA was my first and only credit card that I had, back in my first year of college, and coldn't keep paying because I got pregnant and had to quit school plus no job.... Anyway, I checked for the open date of the account and it was 11/99 which was the same as the MBNA one. My MBNA card still shows on my report ($1,300 Charge-off) but is scheduled to be on record until November of this year (2007). My last payment toward this account was on Aug 2000. At least that's what it seems on my report because it has an OK on Aug 00, 30 days on Sep 00, 90 on Nov 00, and 120 after Dec 00 until Jul 01 that shows KD.

I guess my question is CAN CREDIGY BE ON MY REPORT UNTIL 2012 FOR A CREDIT CARD THAT WAS OPENED ON 11/99 AND WAS LAST PAID ON 8/00? THAT IS 13 YEARS!!!!!!:evil:

Is there something I can do to get this out of my report? Please Help

I've had success sending a debt validation letter to the CA, even though it's already been on your report for some time. Try it anyway. You need to determine when this debt went delinquent, and since it's been so long ago you would be hard pressed to find any receipts now. Hopefully they will send you the history on the account. In two cases I've received the history which really helped (especially since it showed the debt was outside SOL). It's worth a shot.

________

Wong Amat Tower Condos Pattaya

Edited by kevin3344