Should I close FP and Orchard now?

I don't plan on trying to get approved for a mortgage any time soon. It eats away at me how much FP is taking from me. Should I take the point hits now, and just build the points back up? They were both opened Jan 2005. :(

Yes, I would close FP. The fees are crazy with that card.

I don't plan on trying to get approved for a mortgage any time soon. It eats away at me how much FP is taking from me. Should I take the point hits now, and just build the points back up? They were both opened Jan 2005. :(

For what it's worth, I would close them to. You have a lot of other CL's now and those appear to be better plans anyway...I'm sure your FICO won't take that much of a hit and anyway, with good pay history it'll go right back up. Congratulations on all your hard work with credit repair! How wonderful it must be to be in a position of "declining" cc's!

Elyse

For what it's worth, I would close them to. You have a lot of other CL's now and those appear to be better plans anyway...I'm sure your FICO won't take that much of a hit and anyway, with good pay history it'll go right back up. Congratulations on all your hard work with credit repair! How wonderful it must be to be in a position of "declining" cc's!

Elyse

You'll get there, too. :)